Phone: (316) 650-8221
Twitter Handle: @ChelsLaLaMoore
Summary of Qualifications
- Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Fact checking and Research
- Proofreading and Editing
- AP Style
- News and Feature Writing
- Fiction and Nonfiction Writing
- Event Coverage
- Social Media Posting (Twitter, Facebook)
Wichita State University— Wichita, Kan.
Bachelor of Arts in English (Creative writing) with a minor in communications, 2016
Cowley County Community College— Arkansas City, Kan.
Associate of arts in creative writing, 2014
- Editing for Print
- Writing for the Mass Audience
- Editing American English
- Fiction Writing
- Intermediate Spanish
The Derby Informer – Derby, Kan.
News and Web Assistant (Internship), August 2015 to January 2016
- Created and edited police records, fire records and obituaries for publication
- Edited press releases into briefs for publication
- Regularly promoted website to social media accounts
- Posted news content to website
The Sunflower – Wichita, Kan.
Staff Reporter, March 2015 – August 2015
- Provided accurate and compelling coverage of anticipated and spontaneous news for print
- Provided photography and audio coverage as able and when needed
- Earned the “Nose for News” award in spring of 2015 from the Sunflower
- Consistently found newsworthy coverage in the community
- Shared advancer photos and spontaneous news via Twitter for publications